Wednesday, January 7, 2009

25 weeks


Well here we are at 25 weeks (approximately 6 1/2 months). I am now the incredible expanding woman! In the last month my belly has clearly taken on a new shape and form!!! I also seem to be experiencing growth all over...thighs, butt, upper arms. But that is a minor muiscance for me as I think about the baby growing. I can feel him wiggling around inside me now which is one of the coolest feelings in the world. He kicks, rolls, stretches, and I am sure he is dancing on my bladder from time to time. He is big enough and strong enough to feel through my belly now and Ben loves to feel him as well. From time to time we can see him poke the skin on my stomach. My cravings lately have been spaghetti and garlic bread or sometimes just garlic bread is good enough with tomato sauce. For the ex-vegetarian - a cheeseburger never tasted so good. Go figure! Spiced breads are also yummy like pumpkin and raisin.

All about the baby: At this point he weighs in at about 1.5 lbs and is approximately 13 1/2 inches long head to heel. He's still very thin but packing on fat now in a big way. He can now feel the sensation of touch which means he is actively exploring the world around him. The babe's nostrils open up which allows him to practice "breathing" amniotic fluid through his mouth and nose while the blood vessels in his lungs continue to help develop his lungs. His tastebuds are being fine-tuned; Ben says Mook is an ice cream man. His hands are fully developed by now and has his own fingerprint!




1 comment:

Sarah Rand said...

You look beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! Regrettably, my butt, stomach, upper arms, and so forth are also expanding due to holiday pigging out rather than a little mookie - thanks for making me more hungry with your craving stories. I love you guys!

Sarah