Thursday, March 26, 2009

36 Weeks

I was a full 36 weeks on Tuesday and went in for my doc appointment.  I had the group B strep culture to see if I am a carrier, but will not receive my results back until next weeks appointment. I also had my first exam since the 2nd trimester and as I presumed I am not dilated nor effaced not even in the slightest.  He's still quite at home in my ever expanding belly.

I am starting to notice differences.  I am much more uncomfortable - getting my shoes on or in and out of a chair takes on a whole new feat of athleticism.  I was struck by the idea that about a year ago Ben and I hiked up Kilimanjaro and now 3 flights of stairs is enough to wind me and bring on Braxton Hicks contractions.   As you can see from the pictures - I am puffy.  My hands, feet and face get the brunt of the water retention.  This is something new just this week.   But all this little discomforts aside, I am filled with a joy that overwhelms it all.  Here in my 9th month I am happy.

With the help of my mom who made a special trip out here - we have most of the stuff we'd need set up.  We've transformed our spare bedroom into a little boy's room.  I think this has become one of Ben's favorite places in the house.   Thanks MOM!!!! :)

The boy is getting strong - and big which is awesome!  
Sometimes his kicks are enough to startle me or stop me in my tracks.  According to the statistical averages - he's weighing in somewhere around 6 lbs and is around 18-19 inches long!  Of course 
at this point in the journey his height and weight can vary quite a bit - each baby is unique!  He's just working on gaining weight and continuing fine tuning those lungs getting them ready to breathe air.  That first breath will be his biggest ever!

No comments: